Want to ask us a question,
or send us your CV?
thetrainline has offices based in Farringdon in London, and also in Edinburgh. Our CEO, Commercial and IDG departments are based in London, and our Operations team is based in Edinburgh, whilst the Finance team is split between these offices.
CEO, HR & Legal
This team encompasses Legal and HR:
- The HR Team works with the business on everything people-related, like recruitment, learning and development, performance management, payroll and benefits and reward and recognition. The Team also coordinates our corporate social responsibility initiatives such as working with the community and reducing our carbon footprint.
- The Office Management Team ensures that our offices run smoothly, welcoming visitors, liaising with our suppliers and managing our facilities.
- The Legal Team supports the commercial process by negotiating contracts in order to achieve closer collaboration with our partners and customers. The Team also manages compliance with relevant laws and regulations that affect our business.
Our Commercial team focuses on three different areas:
- The Product Development Team looks after the ongoing enhancement of thetrainline's products for both our consumer and business customers, covering areas as diverse as usability and new ticketing technologies. The Team manages internal projects as well as projects for our clients.
- The Sales and Distribution Team is responsible for sales development and account management across various train operators, distribution partners and corporate customers.
- The Marketing Team focuses on building thetrainline brand, and on encouraging rail travellers to buy train tickets online by highlighting the significant savings that can be made by buying in advance through our site. The Team works on offline and online marketing, CRM and partnership development to offer the best products and services to our customers.
We have Finance teams based in Edinburgh and London:
- The Operations Finance Team in Edinburgh manages financial control processes across all of thetrainline's systems and procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting. The Team is also responsible for detecting and solving system and process issues and interpreting financial data to feed into our accounting and reporting systems.
- The Finance Team in London has three areas of focus, including management accounting, financial accounting and administration of our finance system. The team produces management reports, annual statutory accounts and tax returns, manage Treasury and cash flow and look after our accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Information Systems, Development and Governance (IDG)
The IDG is split into three parts:
- The Information Systems Team provides expertise on all aspects of thetrainline systems to support sales, requirements gathering and problem resolution. They also ensure the IS aspects of projects get delivered on time, to scope and within budget, and help us to provide the best services at minimal cost by undertaking rigorous system acceptance testing and quality assurance processes.
- The Development Team looks after new development and enhancements of all of our systems and services, from booking tickets and database management through to fulfilment and refunds.
- Our Governance Team ensures that we develop and operate the right projects and processes at the right cost. They also manage our intranet, information security and business continuity management including disaster recovery procedures.
Trainline International is a new company, set up as a part of thetrainline.com group, with the strategic aim to grow the group’s product offering to European and Worldwide train tickets. Our goal is to maintain the ethos, standards and culture of the thetrainline.com and enhance it with a lean start-up approach within the new company, enabling the small dedicated team to move quickly and react rapidly as it grows.
The Operations Team, based in our Edinburgh office is made up of several different teams:
- Our Fraud Team works to protect thetrainline from credit card fraudsters, and is a liaison point for the British Transport Police.
- Our Projects Team ensures that the day to day service delivery team continues to function through the implementation of new products and services.
- The MI and Billing team enhance thetrainline's data and reporting infrastructure, and manage the corporate billing system.
- The Customer Experience team manages support interactions with all of our customers.
- Our UK Contact Centre is focused on being a centre of customer service excellence, handling all customer queries and back office processes.